Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Teamwork!

I've always known that marriage isn't just two people putting in their 50% and expecting the other 50% from their spouse. (Although I'm sure it happens that way, or seems that way sometimes).  But the way I see it, it should be two people giving 100% or more all the time.  And I'm happy to say that I'm pretty sure that's how my marriage is. 

Now hold on a second, I'm not getting all sappy on you.  Trust me haha.  All I'm saying is I think my husband and I make a great team.  Granted we are not perfect by any means, but at the same time we don't expect perfection from each other.  Just as long as we're trying our best.

Jacob, my husband works on an offshore oil rig and is gone for 2 weeks (or more) at a time.  That is rough!  Being away from family, only miles and miles of ocean to look at, and  horrible, horrible cell phone reception! I just want to say my husband is awesome.  I know he doesn't exactly "love" his job.  But he does it for us.  And in return I'm here holding down the fort.  Neither of us can do what we do without the other.

It's hard to explain to the boys sometimes but they definitely appreciate the time they have with him more, when he is home.  My job is to keep them occupied :)  and well of course feed, bath, and clothe them haha.  And of course all the wonderful stay-at-home mommy/wife chores that need to be done.  (The list only gets longer).  Don't get me wrong, I LOVE LOVE LOVE being home with the hooligans.  But it definitely has its moments.  I'm glad I have the opportunity to stay home.  I know there's a lot of moms that cant stay home and would give anything to do so.  I am grateful, and if I did have a 9-5 job I would probably never see my husband at all.  And the kids would be back and forth to daycare and everything would be a big ole stinky mess!! 

Anyways, my point.  I love my hubby for all he does for our little family.  And when I begin to think of how hard, complicated and IMPOSSIBLE its going to be to get through the next day or week I just think of how he probably feels the same way at times. 

Ok, ok... Enough of the lovey dovey stuff.  You get my point: have each others back...

*Distance never separates two hearts that really care*
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment